Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Path to Enlightenment

















Here is an interesting capture that is the result of circumstance.  I was photographing the high water level at High Falls of the Pigeon River and my camera was quickly getting to the point of being too wet thanks to the copious amounts of spray coming from the falls.  I retreated to the cover of some nearby trees along the High Falls boardwalk to take a moment to dry off my camera.  I had left the camera in live view mode and when I set the tripod back down it just so happened that the camera was facing in the direction of the sun.  When I lifted my cleaning cloth to wipe moisture from the camera I noticed that the water on the lens was creating this surreal effect to the image on my live view screen.  I thought it made for a rather intriguing "fantasy world" type of view with the boardwalk leading into the forest and these light flares from the water droplets on the lens.  I think the photo has a very mystical feel to it and I felt I had to come up with a suitable title for the image.  My title of choice became "The Path to Enlightenment".  

No comments: