Monday, May 26, 2014

Star Man

















How stars are made :-)  This is another Milky Way image from the early morning hours of Saturday, May 24th.  I had been playing around with my flashlights for several exposures already when I came up with the concept for this shot.  I had my back to the camera and was holding the lights skyward when I realized that if I tipped the lights slightly backwards towards the camera it would make these sort of "glowing orb" shapes in my hands.  So, I held my headlamp in my left hand and my flashlight in my right hand then played around with different angles on the light beams and movements of my hands until I came up with this shot.  To my mind when I look at this photo, I envision "Star Man" (we can thank my lovely wife Jessica for the title of this photo!) creating the stars with his mind while holding his arms up, then flinging the stars up into the sky.  At any rate, I thought it was a super fun shot and one that easily lends itself to imaginative stories like the one I just described :-)

No comments: