Friday, May 16, 2014

Samuel Risley in Cloud Bay

















The other day we made a quick trip up to Thunder Bay to pick up a cake (Carol's Cakes.... mmmmmm yummy!) for my grandma's birthday.  On the way home we decided to take a short sightseeing detour down to Cloud Bay.  Imagine our surprise when we rounded the corner about to drop down into the bay and there sat the Samuel Risley, big and bold in the bay!  The Samuel Risley is a Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker and buoy tender.  I just love the Canadian Coast Guard vessels.  I think their red and white colors make them beautiful boats.  And, to me, the Samuel Risley has one of the coolest designs of any Coast Guard boat I've seen.  I'm not sure what they were doing in the bay (the boat was anchored), but it sure was cool to get such a great view of it!

No comments: