Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spring at The Cascades

















Yesterday I spent part of the day at Cascade River State Park with my camera.  The goal was to shoot both stills and video of the many waterfalls along the river as it makes its final descent to Lake Superior.  I ended up with a nice wildlife surprise which I will tell you about in a later post.  For now, the focus is on the waterfall.  My favorite waterfall image of the day is one that I made with my new Tamron 150-600 lens.  This is the most photographed waterfall along the entire length of the Cascade River and it is the section from which the river derives its name.  The tendency here is to get a wide angle shot that shows all of the cascading drops, but this time I chose to focus on individual sections of the cascades, using my telephoto lens to isolate smaller areas of the falls.  This image was taken with the zoom set at 250mm.  It certainly is a beautiful river to photograph and is at its prime right now in terms of water flow.  Be sure to watch for my video (coming VERY soon!) from the day's adventures, I'm sure you'll like it!

No comments: