Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fly to the Stars

















Well, as I sit here laid up for the third day in a row, I find myself wishing I was more mobile and able to be out in the woods appreciating a magnificent night sky.  With that in mind, I went back to some photos from October 2013 to post a shot that conveys what is on my mind for today.  This was during a very nice aurora outbreak that started at around 11:30 PM on October 1st and carried on until at least 4 AM on the 2nd.  The picture shown here was made at 2:36 AM and is looking straight up at the sky.  When I first viewed this image I immediately saw the shape of a bird within the lights of the aurora and it made me think of flying away from Earth towards the stars.  It was an amazing scene to witness at the time and is equally amazing, I think, to view the images today.  

No comments: