Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunrise - Red Rock Ice Ridge

















I wonder how long our ice will last this year?  It certainly seems like it's not in a hurry to go anywhere.  This one was taken yesterday in Grand Portage and is the top of an ice ridge that is roughly 8 feet high.  I was hoping for a better grouping of clouds in the sky, but this was pretty darn nice too.  I waited until the sun was just starting to peek out from behind the cloud bank so I could get a star-burst effect.  Before we know it we'll be paddling and biking again, but for now I sure am enjoying the last of the Lake Superior ice season!

Here's a "bonus" image for today.  After making the "Sunrise - Red Rock Ice Ridge" photo, I turned the camera around and made a self-portrait of myself standing on top of the same ice ridge.  

No comments: