Monday, March 31, 2014

Ice Mountain

















This is what I photographed last night as the sun was going down.  An 8 to 10 foot high "Ice Mountain" that is just off the tip of Red Rock Point in Grand Portage.  After yesterday's warm temperatures the ice had melted a little and no longer had that "fresh" look that it had the day before.  Even though this mountain of ice has been there for several weeks, the daytime highs haven't been warm enough to melt the ice very much.  At least, not until yesterday.  Even though the ice has lost its fresh, sharp look it is still beautiful and worth photographing.  I was hoping for more color in the sky last night but lately it seems every time I venture out to photograph the sunrise or sunset there is hardly any color in the sky.  I end up coming home with lots of "blue" images.  Which is okay, but I sure hope that one of these days I get some more color to spice things up a bit!

No comments: