Saturday, March 15, 2014

Summer Moonlight on High Falls

























Okay, I give in and will admit that there is a part of me that is longing for summer.  I've been doing a lot of sorting through older images over the past few weeks and many of them have been from the summer season.  Seeing all of these warm weather images makes a part of me wish all the snow and cold was gone.  Such as this photo, taken in the middle of the night at Grand Portage State Park in July 2010.  Seeing this image brought back a flood of summer memories, not the least of which was remembering what it was like to be out photographing in the middle of the night without freezing!  I like the cold weather but I like the warm weather too.  Hopefully before too long we will once again have nights warm enough to sit out and gaze at the stars for hours on end without having to put more than one layer of clothing on.  So, for now, enjoy the last of what winter has to offer us and view this image as a reminder of warmer days to come! 

No comments: