Monday, March 17, 2014

Crazy sunset on the Pigeon River

























I am sharing one more summer image, then I will be back in the present.  Today, as a thick blanket of white falls from the sky, I am drawn once again to thoughts of summer.  I do love the snow but with the 12+ inches of new accumulation they are talking about by tomorrow night, I really just don't want to deal with it this time.  Mostly because right now my thoughts are consumed by things NOT related to snow.  Primarily, spring bird migrations!  It's almost time for our annual trip to Nebraska to photograph the sandhill cranes and this year we are thinking of adding on some eagle viewing along the Mississippi River, since I've heard that the eagle numbers are very good along the river in Iowa right now.  Who knows, maybe we'll even get extra lucky and get the chance to see a large flock of snow geese as well during our adventure!  For now, though, as I sit and stare at the big flakes of snow falling heavily from the sky, all I can think about is sitting in the seat of my kayak on a warm summer evening enjoying a view similar to the one shown here.  This is easily one of the craziest sunsets I've ever seen from the seat of my kayak!  Enjoy :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK - THANKS FOR SHARING.