Friday, April 22, 2016

Lake Vermilion Heron

















I've been doing some more sorting of older images this week and last night I came across this one that I never put on my website.  I'm not sure why I never did, because I really like it.  At first glance it doesn't really look like anything special but if you look closely at the rock near the center of the photo, you can see a Great Blue Heron standing there.  I didn't even know he was there when I made the photo, it was only later when viewing it on the computer that I saw the heron.  I was a long distance away when I made this photo, I made it with my Tamron 150-600 lens zoomed all the way out to 600mm.  The location was the newly created Lake Vermilion State Park between the towns of Tower-Soudan and Ely in Minnesota. 

No comments: