Saturday, April 16, 2016

High Falls - April 15, 2016


















Grand Portage State Park - High Falls update:

High Falls is now running freely!  The majority of the ice on the river has now broken up and with the weekend temperatures forecast to be in the upper 50's it could be a weekend for big changes in water volume.  There is still close to 2 feet of snow cover in the forest along the upper half of the river.  As the snow begins to melt more rapidly with the warmer temperatures we are experiencing it should equate to even more impressive views of the falls!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some great photography Travis, I am going to go to High Falls on June 2 for some long exposure shots. A long venture for me but so worth it. Plan on doing a lot of water falls on the trip with stops in Two Harbors and Grand Marais. Get some time check my photography out at duaneklipping.com. Gave your facebook page a like also.

Travis Novitsky said...

@Bonfire Photography: Thanks for checking out my work and liking my Facebook page! When you are at High Falls, be sure to stop in the park visitor center and say hi. I work at Grand Portage State Park for my "day" job.