Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Galaxy Quest


















Monday night I decided to buckle down and finally get outside on a quest to shoot the stars.  It had been a while since I had done this and Monday night's conditions were pretty much perfect.  It was a clear, moonless night and the temperature was nice and cool, in the single digits.  I find cooler nights work best for photographing the Milky Way because the air is crisp and clear; there typically isn't any haze caused by warmth and humidity.  

I left the house at midnight and stayed out all night, starting and ending my shooting at Hollow Rock in Grand Portage.  This was one of the first images I made, a 30 second exposure of the Milky Way.  I sure do love the night sky, and I love photographing it and sharing the resulting images with all of you!  I hope you enjoy viewing these photographs as much as I enjoy making them.

No comments: