Friday, March 13, 2015

"GARY"

















Since the ice and snow along the Lake Superior shoreline is turning to mush and therefore not quite as photogenic as it used to be, I've been looking for other things to photograph.  I came across this scene the other day and thought it was quirky and fun, definitely worthy of a picture.  I drive by this stack of logs every day on my way to and from work and one day I decided to pull in and take a closer look.  Sometimes the cut ends of the logs have really cool patterns in them so I was looking to make more of a close-up, abstract image.  What I found, however, was more of a wide-angle composition.  I noticed that every now and then down the line of logs there were names spray painted on them.  I'm assuming these are marking sections of logs for different truck drivers to load and haul away.  I thought it made for an interesting spring image to share for today.

No comments: