Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winter Morning Glory

















This morning's sunrise was a jaw-dropper!  One of the best of this winter for sure.  I had a fantastic morning exploring the ice on the Lake Superior shoreline.  I started about a half hour before sunrise and spend the entire morning walking along the shore and photographing the countless amazing ice formations that I came across.  Almost 5 hours later, I was back at the truck and done with the camera for the day.  The temp was about minus 10 just before sunrise, but the air was pretty calm so once the sun came up I could really feel it's warmth.  The sky at sunrise was amazing, as you can see from this photo.  This is one of the first few images that I made today.  Believe it or not, this photo was made with my Sony RX100 III camera, a very compact "point and shoot" model.  This little camera has amazing image quality which I think is very evident in this photo.  I still can't believe that I made this shot with that little camera!  

No comments: