Thursday, February 19, 2015

Split Rock Ice

















During my all-day photography ice quest yesterday I made a stop at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park in the afternoon.  There are beautiful piles and ridges of ice all up and down the shoreline now between Duluth and Grand Marais and Split Rock is no exception.  I walked over fairly close to the base of the cliff below the lighthouse to find this composition of the ice piles.  I made various photographs of the ice and the lighthouse at varying distances and focal lengths as I walked up and down the shore, but this one was my favorite.  Looking at this photo, it's hard to believe it was so cold and I was the only one in the park at the time!  Well, there may have been people up at the lighthouse itself, but I was the only vehicle in the parking lots down by the shoreline.  It was pretty nice to have the park shoreline all to myself on such a beautiful day!

No comments: