Friday, February 27, 2015

Split Slab of Ice

















I don't know that this picture is all that interesting photographically, but I wanted to share it anyway because it shows how fascinating the Lake Superior ice can get.  The slab on the right was about a foot thick and about four feet wide by six feet long. The slab on the left that it broke off from was even bigger.  It was a tremendously interesting find, but a difficult one to photograph because of its location.  I really couldn't make it work as a wide angle composition that showed the surrounding terrain, so I decided to just zoom in on it and take more of a documentary-type shot.  In case you're wondering, yes it really was that blue!  I saw fascinating shades of blue all around this slab of ice.  I'm sure you'll find it as interesting as I did :-)

No comments: