Monday, February 16, 2015

Chocolate Ice

















Here is a rather interesting find from yesterday.  We were driving home from Tettegouche State Park and at one point along the drive when we happened to look down at the shoreline we saw all this brown ice.  Of course you know we had to pull over and take a closer look!  The brown ice was fascinating.  It reminded me of chocolate or caramel.  I'm not sure what caused it to be this color, but I have a theory.  There is a small river just down the shore and the only thing I could think of is that runoff from the river caused the lake water in this area to be a murky brown color.  When the waves splashed the murky water up onto the shoreline it caused this brown ice to form.  That's my theory, although I could definitely be wrong!  

No comments: