Sunday, February 22, 2015

Icy Wonderland at Crystal Bay

















The 3rd time was the charm for my visit to the ice at Tettegouche State Park.  Regular followers of my photo journal postings will know that I had previously made two very early morning ventures to Tettegouche State Park that were foiled by very cloudy skies.  That's not to say that I didn't get any good images on those mornings, the conditions just weren't what I was hoping for.  On my 3rd try I got what I wanted, a nice clear morning.  That also meant it was a nice COLD morning.  The temp was almost 20 below when I parked the truck on the side of the highway and started the short hike down to the icy shoreline.  After almost 3 hours out in the cold photographing the ice, I headed back to the truck a completely satisfied photographer :-)  

No comments: