Sunday, April 26, 2020

Saguaro National Park


















I was kind of torn by Saguaro National Park.  On the one hand, it was incredibly beautiful.  And on the other hand, it was way too close to a large population for me to feel fully comfortable enjoying my time there. And on yet another hand, it was cool to see such a wonderful area preserved so close to a large population center.  The park provides close access to nature for a LOT of people and for the most part it seemed really well preserved.  I didn't notice lots of garbage or vandalism or general disregard like I've seen in some other places.  The people in the Tucson area seem to really love the park and thus they seem respect it and use it with care. And yes, I was still able to find some solitude here.  But I could always tell that large numbers of people were not that far away.  I do recommend checking it out if you're ever in the area.  The variety of plant life here is stunning.  These photos were all taken in the Saguaro West - Tucson Mountain District of the park. 


















































No comments: