Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Nebraska always pulls me in...


















Now that I've been back home for a while, it's time to start sharing some images I made with my "real cameras" on my trip.  Everything I've posted thus far were shots taken with my phone but I have a collection of higher-quality images I'd like to share as well, including some night photos which of course are my favorite thing to shoot!  


















This first set of photos comes from Nebraska, on day two of my trip.  If its sandhill crane season when I'm traveling through Nebraska, I always have to stop and spend some time watching the cranes.  They are such beautiful birds and one of my absolute favorite of nature's creatures.  I arrived in the Platte River Valley late in the evening in the middle of a snowstorm.  I had been driving for a couple of hours in wet, slushy snow so it really felt good to finally pull in and park for the night.


















The next morning was beautiful as I drove around the farm fields watching the birds.  The light layer of snow made everything prettier (in my opinion) than the normal brown that dominates the landscape this time of year.  







No comments: