Friday, April 17, 2020

Big Bend Storms


















I had a really hard time narrowing this series down. I wanted it to be fewer images but I also wanted it to convey a sense of the weather progression I experienced each day at Big Bend. The most memorable part of my visit was the daily buildup of afternoon thunderstorms. Around 1:00 PM each day I would start noticing clouds building on the horizon.  

All afternoon the clouds would build and build and I would hear thunder rumbling in the distance.  By around 5:00 to 6:00 PM the showers would hit.  Sometimes just a few drops, other times a deluge of rain.  By the time sunset rolled around the storms would be breaking and the color show as the sun dipped below the horizon was simply unforgettable. 


































































































































No comments: