Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Heart of the River


















I would imagine that very few people have seen this waterfall from this vantage point.  It is a very difficult spot to access for most people.  It was tricky for me to access, but I managed with the aid of my winter ice cleats strapped over my sandals.  The ice cleats really helped give decent traction on the super-slick wet rock.  I had to climb down the face of this waterfall to get in position to make this photo.  It is deep in the heart of the Kadunce River gorge just north of Grand Marais, MN.  Very little (if any) direct sunlight penetrates into this part of the gorge this time of year. I was at this location at 11:00 in the morning and there was no direct sunlight at all.  I really liked this waterfall and spent almost an hour taking it in and photographing it from various angles before moving further downstream to explore the rest of the gorge.  

No comments: