Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sunrise in the Kadunce River gorge


















The first light of the day shines through the trees into the Kadunce River gorge in northeast Minnesota.  Yesterday I woke at 5:00 AM so I would have plenty of time to get ready and drive to the Kadunce River parking lot.  Sunrise was at about 6:30 and I wanted to be there before that so I could walk up the gorge and have plenty of time to photograph before the sun was high enough to start shining into the gorge.  Indeed I had a lot of time to take pictures before the sunlight started to intrude, yet the first photo I want to share from the outing is this one where I noticed the sun starting to show up through the trees.  I stopped my lens down to f/22 to get this nice starburst effect on the sun as it peeked through a gap in the trees.  What a beautiful gorge and a beautiful morning!  A great start to the day.

No comments: