Thursday, April 16, 2015

Magical Meadow

















I just worked up another image from last night that I want to share, which makes it a 3-photo kind of day :-)  This one was taken at 2:30 AM and is a 30 second exposure at f/2.8 with an ISO of 3200.  I really love how this one turned out.  I have photographed the aurora several times from this location, but the only "keeper" images I've gotten here have been in the winter.  In the summer there is hardly any water in the foreground due to the lower water level and how tall the grasses grow.  I'm really glad we're getting all these spring auroras this year because it allowed me to photograph this location when the water is high and the grasses haven't started growing yet.  I think this might be my favorite photo from last night!  And, it looks to be another promising night tonight for more northern lights!  If you're in an area with minimal light pollution, head outside and check the sky later tonight... it might just be the best thing you've ever done, especially if you've never seen the aurora before :-)

No comments: