Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lily Pond, Magnetic Rock Trail

















Following our outing to Cascade River State Park earlier this week we headed up the Gunflint Trail in search of Moose and more wildflowers.  Our destination was the Magnetic Rock Hiking Trail near the end of the Gunflint Trail.  I've hiked this trail this time of year in the past and seen a lot of Wood Lilies, one of my favorite flowers.  We did find a few of them, but not as many as I've seen in the past.  I think with this year's extremely late winter we were a bit early to see the best of the Wood Lilies.  Along the way to the Lilies, however, is this beautiful little pond that I always enjoy seeing but have a difficult time photographing.  I've never gotten a shot that I really like of the pond.  This time was different, though.  The air was completely still during our time along the trail, which made for perfect reflections of the trees on the water.  Even the little puffs of clouds were reflecting nicely.  It is the first time I've made an image that I really like of this little pond.  

No comments: