Saturday, June 1, 2013

Celestial Fantasy

















It looked like the sky might be clearing to the northwest so I decided to head that direction in search of openings in the clouds.  The first break in the clouds that I found was along the Arrowhead Trail which meanders through Grand Portage State Forest just out of Hovland, MN.  I found this nice shooting location just past Irish Creek on the Arrowhead Trail.  The clouds were breaking up just enough to let the aurora shine through, and it was magnificent!  Light fog along the ground added an extra bit of mystery to the scene and all around me the spring peeper frogs were singing full blast as the lights danced overhead.  I even heard a couple of Barred Owls talking to each other in the distance.  Similar to seeing the lights back at my house, they were visible only for a few minutes before the clouds closed in again and blocked the view of the sky. 

No comments: