Sunday, June 9, 2013

Galaxy Forest

















Last night Jessica and I got out to enjoy the supremely calm conditions that were prevalent across northeast Minnesota.  The conditions were so calm that I have never seen stars reflecting so perfectly in the waters of Lake Superior as they were last night.  We were treated to incredible views of the Milky Way Galaxy, which was our focus for the evening but we were also (as always) hoping to see some northern lights that were possible overnight.  The aurora never happened but the extreme calm of the night air combined with stars that were literally jumping out of the sky at us made for an unforgettable experience.  Tonight is a stark contrast to last night as we are experiencing some rainfall and wind.  Every day is different!  I love it :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Travis, I'm Sofia a young writer and I was wondering if I can use this picture for the draft cover of my book.
- Sofia. C

Travis Novitsky said...

Hi Sofia,

Send me an email to tjsky@hotmail.com and we'll talk about usage of the photo. I would like to know what your book is about before I decide.

-Travis