Friday, June 28, 2013

Bunchberry Field


























The other day we spent the afternoon on the Gunflint Trail in search of wildflowers and Moose.  Thanks to my friend Bryan Hansel (www.bryanhansel.com) and a recent post of his on Facebook, I knew the general area where to look for a nice big patch of Bunchberry.  They were easy to find since they were very close to the road and it was probably the largest patch of Bunchberry that I've ever seen.  Photographing them proved to be quite a challenge, though, as the bugs were awful.  I felt like I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes and little black flies.  It was a pretty cloudy evening so I was thrilled when a break in the clouds presented itself and the sun shone through for a few minutes, allowing me to capture this nice starburst of the sun through the trees.  

No comments: