Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Zen Moments


















When I was in the southwest recently I experienced many supremely peaceful moments.  They occurred at all times of the day, but mostly they were at night as I gazed up at the stars.  I totally lost myself (in a good way) on that trip.  All thoughts of the past and future faded away and I was finding myself really being "in the moment" throughout each day.  It was a great feeling and one that I find difficult to hang onto when I'm in the normal daily routine of life back home.  I think it's a healthy exercise to try and put ourselves in that mindset as often as we can.  I know I feel better when I'm able to get there.  

Sometimes I like to do comparison shots of the same subject, which is what I've done here with this Joshua Tree which I photographed in Joshua Tree National Park.  The first image is a 25 second exposure and the second image is a 32 minute exposure.  It's always interesting to see what happens when you record the light at varying exposure lengths.  



No comments: