Saturday, December 22, 2018

Ancient Earth meets Ancient Starlight


















Last night was the longest night of the year.  In honor of that fact I've decided today to share my favorite night sky image from the White Mountains of California.  Ever since I first heard about the majestic Bristlecone Pines I wanted not only to simply see them, but also to photograph them at night.  It was a humbling experience to sit and contemplate the cosmos while taking in this view where ancient earth meets with ancient starlight.  

The most interesting thing I became aware of while basking in the presence of these amazing trees is that I felt a peace there unlike I've felt anywhere else.  Maybe it's the fact that I've been practicing mindfulness as much as possible when working on my photography, or maybe (probably) there is a special energy that exists there and I was feeling that.  I'd like to think it's a little bit of both and that one plays into the other.  At any rate I felt rejuvenated after my time with the Bristlecones and I came away with some images that I absolutely love.  

No comments: