Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sky on Fire


















On the way home from work last night I witnessed probably the best sunset I've seen so far this year.  It was a complete surprise too.  When I left work it was totally foggy and I couldn't even see the sky.  Everything was gray.  As I drove south on Highway 61 and started to climb the Mt. Josephine grade, the fog started to thin and soon I could see the sky.  It looked like the color was just about to get really good so I pulled into the Mt. Josephine wayside to make some photos.  Jut moments after I got out of the car with my camera the sky lit up like it was on fire.  The color was unbelievable.  It made for quite a surreal view along with the autumn colors in the trees and the fog over Lake Superior.  What a great way to end the day!

No comments: