Monday, October 17, 2016

Burning Slash Pile


















Last week I was driving home via the backroads after a long full-day hike when I came across these burning slash piles in an area that had been logged earlier this year.  It was after sunset and starting to get pretty dark so the fires really stood out.  Even though I was super tired I stopped and spent a good 45 minutes photographing the fires.  I mostly shot video of the dancing flames but I also shot a few stills.  Fire is really interesting to photograph.  I had a hard time pulling myself away to continue the drive home.  Logged areas make for really good night photography locations, as the mature trees that are left as seed trees stand out against the night sky.  This area will also provide good habitat for moose in the coming years.  

No comments: