Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wolf River Falls
























I spent yesterday exploring some waterfalls that I had never been to before.  It was a dreary, rainy day.  Perfect for exploring rivers and waterfalls!  By the end of the day I was pretty wet but extremely satisfied having found the waterfalls I was looking for.  There was a real possibility that I would not find them since I hadn't been to them before and they were in pretty remote locations (20+ miles down some wet and sloppy dirt roads) and not marked.  There were trails to them but they were not signed and were quite difficult to access, especially on a wet day.  The slopes I had to scale to get to them were extra treacherous in the wet weather.  Thankfully previous hikers had left ropes and in one instance, a small ladder to aid in climbing down to the waterfalls.  All in all, it was a fun day of challenge and adventure!  


















Above: 20+ miles of driving down this road to get to the waterfall...

























Followed by this... the steepest part of the climb down to the bottom of the waterfall.  Note the rope for assistance climbing back up to the ladder :-)

No comments: