Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Autumn in August?


















Crazy autumn-like weather yesterday!  It definitely felt like fall with temperatures in the 50's, intermittent rain sprinkles and high winds all day long.  I didn't let that stop me from taking my Monday evening post-work bike ride though.  Maybe I should have stayed home, because I had a mishap which totally mangled the front derailleur on my bike.  I had to remove it from the bike in order to complete the ride.  During the last 5 miles of the ride I was descending in elevation back towards Lake Superior and looking at these beautiful clouds out over the lake.  I was hoping the entire way that they would hang on until I got home so I could get some pictures.  Luckily for me, the conditions lingered long enough for me to arrive home, grab my camera gear and run half a mile down the road to grab this shot.  

No comments: