Friday, August 1, 2014

Within the Milky Way


























The other night after shooting the Milky Way from the pines I headed to another favorite night sky location of mine where there is an old fire tower.  It's fun photographing the fire tower with the Milky Way rising alongside it.  This time, though, I wanted to see what it would look like with the Milky Way behind the tower.  Once I did a test shot and saw what it was like, I decided to lock the shutter button down on the camera so it would take one exposure after another. Then, I climbed the tower and stood at various levels to get myself in the shot as well.  This is the image that I thought was the best. I am standing on a platform a little over halfway up the height of the tower.  This is where my silhouette seemed to show up the best.  I really like the way this shot turned out.  Viewing the Milky Way from the tower was incredible.  It felt like I could reach out and pluck the stars right out of the sky, almost like I was within the Milky Way itself (which we are, actually).  Thus, my title for this image "Within the Milky Way" was born :-)

No comments: