Monday, August 25, 2014

Late Summer Storm over Wauswaugoning Bay

















Here is another image from last night's incredible lightning storm.  After shooting the storm from our yard for a while the lightning was still going off frequently but had moved further out over the lake beyond Hat Point.  The rain had let up and was really not much more than a sprinkle.  So, I decided to head down to the spirit tree and try photographing the storm from there.  I got there just in time to capture this image, making just 4 or 5 exposures before capturing this one.  It was the only good shot I came away with.  The best of the lighting was done.  Flashes of light still illuminated the clouds every few seconds or so but the bolts were not coming anymore.  Thankfully I headed down there when I did otherwise I wouldn't have this image!  This was shot with the camera in Bulb mode. Exposure length was 21 seconds at f/8 and ISO 400.

No comments: