Saturday, August 23, 2014

Supreme calm off Hat Point


















I need to get back out on the lake.  I've been looking at some of my shots taken several years ago from my boat and really wishing I could get out on the lake again.  Right now my boat (which is my favorite Lake Superior photography platform) is in need of some work and I'm really not comfortable taking it out until the work is done.  Also, my sea kayak has a big hole in the hull right where the rudder is attached, so using that is out of the question at the moment as well.  Anyway, enough about my equipment troubles!  As I mentioned, I was looking through some images last night that I made in the summer of 2004 and came across this one made with my old Canon Digital Rebel.  I love being out on the lake in the evenings when the water is super calm like this.  On this particular evening I was coming back from the Susie Islands and I decided to just stop the boat, shut off the motor and drift for a while.  I made this image while standing in the bow of the boat.  I just love the look of the water in this photo!  

No comments: