Monday, June 23, 2014

The Power of Partridge Falls

















Last night I visited Partridge Falls for the first time this year.  I've often said that Partridge Falls is my favorite of all waterfalls and I would say that still holds true.  There is just something about it that amazes me more than any other waterfall.  For one thing, I love the fact that you can stand right at the base of it and literally get drenched from the spray.  And that is exactly what happened in the making of this shot.  

The mosquitoes are pretty awful right now so before walking down to the falls I coated myself with a liberal dose of bug spray.  This worked great for the hike down to the falls as the mosquitoes barely landed on me.  In order to make this shot I had to stand directly in the path of the mist that was shooting out from the base of the falls.  I only stood in that spot for about half a minute but in that time I got totally soaked which, of course, washed off most of the bug spray!  The walk back to the truck was an ordeal as I felt like I was getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes.  Just one of the many things I put myself through in order to bring you these images :-)

No comments: