Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Illgen Falls, Baptism River

















Yesterday I made my first images of Illgen Falls on the Baptism River.  A beautiful waterfall but a difficult one to photograph.  There is an easy, nice path that brings you to the top edge of the falls but no easy route (that I could find) that allows you to photograph the falls from the bottom.  I did find a route down but it was very muddy, slippery and steep.  Also, once at the bottom, it was difficult to compose a shot with my tripod because there are basically only a couple of places to stand and you are right on the edge of the rocks.  One could easily fall into the river here if you're not careful!  Anyway, it's a beautiful waterfall with a nice plunge pool at the bottom and I loved this cedar framing the shot on the right.  

No comments: