Friday, April 25, 2014

Lone Sentinel at Gooseberry Falls


























This week Jessica and I made a day trip down to Gooseberry Falls State Park.  All of the north shore rivers have opened up nicely in the past week so we were feeling the urge to go waterfall watching.  Gooseberry is always a great place to visit but especially so when the water is high.  I shot a lot of video of the various waterfalls and took the usual complement of still photos as well.  This is probably my favorite shot of the day, due to its simplicity and the amount of fun I had making it.  I shot this from quite a distance away from the Middle Gooseberry Falls.  It was taken from one of the viewpoints above the river on the east bank.  It was made with my Tamron 150-600mm lens fully extended at 600mm.  There is this young tree standing like a lone sentinel in the face of all this powerful, rushing water and I loved the composition I was able to get with the telephoto lens.  The rivers should be running nicely for a while, so be sure to come up the shore and enjoy them in what is sure to be one of the best springs ever for the rivers!  

No comments: