Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Freighter passing the Susie Islands and Rock of Ages Lighthouse

















I got a new lens yesterday and today I went out and about to try it out.  So far, I love it!  It's the new Tamron 150-600, and boy is it a nice lens!  It's a little bigger and just slightly heavier than my Canon 100-400 (which is to be expected) but it still fits in my camera backpack.  I love the extra reach that the Tamron provides.  So far I'm finding the images to be just as sharp as anything shot with my 100-400.  The photo shown here is one of the first images I made today with the Tamron.  It was taken from the Susie Islands overlook along Highway 61 in Grand Portage.  There were actually 3 freighters passing by at the time.  Each boat had a different design and I think this one had the most pleasing profile of the 3.  So, I waited for it to get between the Susie Islands and Rock of Ages Lighthouse then made this picture.  I don't know which freighter it was, but I'm pretty sure it's a Canadian ship from the Algoma Central Corporation, as it looks like their symbol on the stack at the rear of the ship.  

No comments: