Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunset storm cloud

















There was a pretty neat sunset the other day, one that I couldn't resist photographing.  As I was driving home from work there was this very cool cloud lingering on the horizon to the west.  It had been cloudy and rainy all day but in the late afternoon the sky had mostly cleared up.  By the time I went home the clouds were starting to come back in and the cloud you see here was on the leading edge.  I went down the beach about 1/4 mile from the house and photographed the cloud and sunset over Grand Portage Bay.  I waited for the sun to peek through this gap in the cloud, then shot an image at f22 to make a nice star-burst on the sun.  It was a fitting end to a day that was filled with changing weather conditions! 

No comments: