Friday, October 11, 2013

Snake Pit Falls


























I just returned from a short trip to the south shore of Lake Superior, where I spent a few days photographing fall colors and waterfalls.  So, I've got a lot of new shots to be sharing over the next several days!  This one is from Amnicon Falls State Park just outside of Superior, Wisconsin.  The main goal of my trip was to visit the upper peninsula of Michigan but I had to stop and check out this park along the way as well, since it's so close to the highway.  It was the middle of the day so most of the waterfalls had harsh light on them, not good for photography.  Snake Pit Falls, however, was in a narrow gorge and photographed nicely in the mid-day light.  I had a good trip overall, in spite of having to make the trip by myself.  Jessica works for the National Park Service and is one of the few park staff that has to remain on duty during the government shutdown.  As such, she was unable to make the trip with me.  I really missed having her with me on this short trip, but I scouted out lots of cool locations for us to visit together in the future!

No comments: