Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Sunrise, Horseshoe Bay



When I woke this morning the sky did not look very promising for a photogenic sunrise.  The cloud cover was pretty heavy and I almost decided not to venture out.  I'm glad I decided to go, because the morning turned out to be very beautiful.  As I drove from my house to Horseshoe Bay in Hovland, the clouds were starting to break up and things started to look promising for a good sky show.  By the time I arrived at Horseshoe Bay it looked very promising indeed.  I strapped my ice spikes onto my boots and headed down to the shore.  A fresh 4" blanket of snow that had fallen that night coated the rocks along the shore.  The sun actually didn't come out from behind the clouds for quite a while, but I'm glad that it didn't because the sky that you see here lasted for about 20 minutes, which allowed me to shoot several different compositions before the light changed too drastically.  A couple of days ago this shoreline had a small pile of sheet ice lining the rocks at the water's edge.  I was hoping the sheet ice would still be there.  Even though it wasn't, it still was very much a scene worth photographing and enjoying!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :-)

No comments: