Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Great Grey Owl in the Meadow


Yesterday there was a Great Grey Owl hanging out in the meadow at Grand Portage National Monument for most of the day.  I had been gone out of town for most of the day photographing other things and when I got home there were messages from Jessica waiting for me throughout the village.  Luckily the first place I stopped was the post office where our local postmaster conveyed the message from Jessica about the owl.  So, I headed over to where the bird had been seen and there he was, sitting on the ground out in the meadow.  At first I thought he must have been hurt, because I was told that he had been sitting there all day long.  Eventually, though, he did fly away and seemed to be perfectly fine.  Seeing this owl was the highlight of my day for sure!



No comments: