Friday, June 3, 2016

Cuyuna Country Trip

















Above: Jessica riding through the beautiful forest along the "Boot Camp" Trail.

We just returned from a super-fun trip to Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area!  What a cool place!  If you like mountain biking and haven't been here yet, you need to go. The trails are awesome and loads of fun!  We also recommend staying in one of the yurts that the park has.  What a fun way to camp and some of the trails run through the woods right behind the yurts so you can ride right from your door!  It was an unforgettable weekend of fun with my amazing wife Jessica :-)

















Above: Jessica cruising the curves of the Little Sidewinder Trail.

I know some of you are probably missing my normal nature photo posts.  I do apologize for that.  I've loved riding bikes my entire life but this year I've been bitten by the biking bug harder than usual and lately it's all I've been doing.  I still take pictures, they just aren't always the posts you may be used to seeing.  I do hope that you've enjoyed seeing some photos from our biking adventures and I promise that more nature photos are coming soon!  




















 



Above: Beautiful spring green on the Little Sidewinder Trail!


















Above: Bobsled Trail.  I could have ridden up and down this trail all day long... it was my favorite :-)

















 
Above: Bobsled Trail

















 

Above: Manuel Drive Trail

















 
Above: Sidewinder Trail

















 
Above: Not all of the trails at Cuyuna are technical singletrack.  The trails in the Sagamore Unit are more flat and open, rolling through a nice mixture of fields and forest.  The paved Cuyuna Country State Trail is an option as well.

















 
Above: The Manganese Yurt, our home during our stay at Cuyuna.
























 
Above: The yurt interiors are quite nice!

No comments: