Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fat Bike Ride on Devil Track River
















 
Yesterday morning I met up with a couple of friends and we rode our fat bikes up the Devil Track River just north of Grand Marais, MN. It was my first experience traveling up the river in winter. I have been up the river before but only in the late summer/early fall. It was definitely easier riding our bikes on the packed snowshoe trail than it is walking in the river in summer. Lots of open water this year along this river and others. We just haven't had enough cold weather this winter to have them freeze more substantially. I have been loving winter fat biking and finding that it makes for some fun pictures! Remember to use caution whenever traveling on frozen waterways. The friends I was with have been up this river many times and know it well, so I trusted their judgement on where we could safely ride. 
















No comments: