Sunday, March 27, 2016

Blackbird Moon

















I hope everyone has had an enjoyable Easter Sunday!  Here is one more photo from Crex Meadows in Wisconsin.  We had spent a wonderful day watching primarily sandhill cranes and trumpeter swans and just before sunset this huge flock of red-winged blackbirds flew in.  They landed in a tree just down the road from us.  As we drove up to the tree we were driving into the sunlight, so I drove just a little past the tree in order to look back at it and have better light.  When we looked back we saw the beautiful moon already high in the sky.  I was photographing the birds in the tree top when one of them flew from one branch to another.  I was lucky and happened to trip the shutter just as the bird was passing in the front of the moon.  It's one of my favorite images from that day.

No comments: