Saturday, December 21, 2013

Island of Ice

















This morning I explored a piece of Lake Superior shoreline that had some really beautiful ice formations.  Even though it was cloudy and snowing, there were a few breaks in the clouds and I was hopeful for an amazing sunrise filled with color.  That didn't happen, but I still enjoyed my time on the shore.  Even though there was not much color, the scene was still extraordinary.  The ice formations were sublime.  I loved the "skirt" of ice that lined the rocks surrounding the island.  The morning was extremely quiet with only the slightest breeze and I swear I could actually hear the snow hitting the ground as it fell.  Peaceful mornings along the Lake Superior shoreline are the best, and this one certainly qualified!

No comments: