Friday, December 6, 2013

Blizzard on 61

















Here is a shot from Wednesday afternoon, December 4th during the height of the blizzard that we just experienced.  I went for a drive to take some storm photos and during my drive the wind was really blowing the snow around on the road which I thought would make for an interesting picture.  Thankfully, there was almost no traffic so I pulled over to the side of the road and put my hazard lights on.  I checked carefully for any oncoming traffic before quickly walking out into the middle of the road to grab this shot.  We ended up getting anywhere from 12 to just over 20 inches of snow, depending on where you measured (as usual, locations along the Lake Superior shoreline had less accumulation but the worst drifting).  I heard that Two Harbors, MN got the most snow accumulation at just over 40 inches!  As is the norm after a blizzard, we are now experiencing bitter cold temperatures.  Today the temp is barely above zero, but we have sunshine!  The sun hasn't shown its face much in the past month or two, so it is nice to see it again even if it means enduring cold temperatures!

No comments: